Keeping up to date
Truffle farming practice has changed significantly in recent years. Newer farms are setting up somewhat differently based on recent research findings.
Reviewing your current farm management and maintenance practices may be of great benefit for future results.
We regularly visit established farms for a variety of reasons, including;
- Review management and maintenance practices
- Focus on specific issues of concern in the truffiere
- Identify improvements that may be incorporated into farming practice
- Discuss potential reasons for low or non fruiting plantations
- Soil improvement and effective irrigation techniques
- Teach new owners seasonal maintenance routines
- Provide recommendations for repatriation of neglected properties
Recommendations are made with a view to increasing farm management efficiency, lowering costs and increasing production.
Common areas for improvement in farm management practice
- Irrigation techniques
- Pruning methods and strategies
- Soil cultivation
- Spore return techniques
- Soil compaction
- Deep ripping
- Weed control
- Mulching techniques
Cost of services
On-site farm consultancy costs are a combination of time and associated travel costs.
A quotation is forwarded upon inquiry.
If you’d like a visit quotation or have further questions, please fill in the inquiry form below. We’ll then set up a time to call and discuss a potential visit.